Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Week 7 thing 16

I found the different wikis very educational. I was intrigued by The SJCPL subject guides and lost myself navigating around interesting subject areas. I also would like to spend some more time in the Library Success wiki. I was doubtful about wikis before I started looking at the ones on the list. I do not like the idea that anyone can add, edit or delete information made me dubious about the reliability of that information. However, I am beginning to see that just because of that reason most of the information is correct. I would like to see my Library start a wiki available to the public. I would be interested in what the public thinks of our Library and what they would like to see us do in the future. A subject guide index like SJCPl's would be a great start. We could include programs we provide along with books and helpful websites.

No comments: